Monday, July 20, 2026

Memorial Day Eats and a quick Catch Up


Memorial Day Eats and a Quick Catch Up

I haven't posted in over 2 years! Wow! Shortly after my last post, Mom got sick and by July, she was gone. I have been thinking about her so much the last couple of days because my parents ALWAYS cooked something special for Memorial Day and I hardly ever have. I've only stepped it up since my folks moved down here in 2019.

So . . . last week I did a LOT of celebrating -- my graduation with my M.Ed, the kids finishing school, and today, Tink turned 18. So even though I wanted special food for Memorial Day, I needed it Weight Watchers friendly.

Did I mention I've lost 50 pounds in the past 12 months?  Yup. Still losing; I have about 20 to go. So here is my kind of crazy WW-friendly Menu for Memorial day. 9 Points total !! 

  • Almost BBQ Chicken  - this one is the long game, start w/ sous vide, dry and cool, then end with air fryer - 1 point if you remove the skin before eating. 
  •     WW's Easy Pasta Salad (on app) (4 points)  I add celery for zero points. 
  •     WW's Air Fryer Corn Ribs (on app) (2 points) 
  •     2 Point Strawberry Dream Cups - adapted from a Facebook post - super simple 

       PREP: 
  1. Place muffin cups into cupcake pan - silicone are amazing 
  2. Crush up 1/2 (2 rectangles) of Chocolate Graham cracker
  3. Put graham crackers into muffin cups 
  4. Make 1 recipe of Dream Whip
  5. Mix 1 - .03 oz. packet of Sugar-Free Strawberry Jello into the Dream Whip
  6. Cut up as many fresh strawberries as you like
  7. Add to the Dream Whip
  8. Fill muffin cups
  9. Enjoy!

   This whole meal is only 9 points, provided you take the skin off whatever chicken you eat! I leave the skin on for cooking as it makes it so much moister and more flavorful. My family really loves the beautiful crispy BBQ skin so . . . it's worth the little bit of extra work and time. It's still MUCH easier than actually grilling it!

It was SO delicious that I decided I could re-run the whole menu for Independence Day.  Maybe with a green salad and some blueberries added to the dessert. 

Of course, you grillers could actually grill instead of air fry, but you know me -- I love cooking in the A/C!

No pics this time. We gobbled it up so quickly. 

No comments: