Menu Plan Monday - Back to School!
I can't belive it is already time for school, but it showed up on the scale. This week of meetings--a.k.a. non-stop sitting-- not having a menu plan and teacher snacks took it's toll. So this week, I'm hitting the ground running, but planned a special meal for Saturday to celebrate the success I will undoubtedly have in sticking to my plan.
That said, week 1, my students will make "pencil cookies" as their introduction to cooking. They are so cute and fun. Here are a couple of snapshots from the last time we made them.As for me, I planned simple, healthy food for most meals. During the HOT week, I don't want to spend much time in the kitchen, so I kept it simple. My favorite is my low-cal Alfredo sauce. My family has never noticed the difference!
Most of these recipies are very low in points. I cook some
extra starchy foods most days for the kids because they burn up those carbs. These foods also make the best leftovers for snacking so you will notice that high point foods are mostly things I will not eat or will only eat one bite. I've done my best putting in WW points but please know, if precision is important to you, you are wise to double-check.
Alrighty, the menu is below. Happy BTS week!
Menu plan 8/16/26 (Third week of August)
Saturday
Watermelon
Bread for the kids
Sunday
Turkey breast
Mashed potatoes
Green beans
Boxed stuffing
Gravy from turkey breast
Making Gravy From a Turkey Breast
Roast with aromatics: Place sliced apples or fennel, celery, and carrots in the bottom of your roasting pan under the turkey breast to build rich flavor and collect adequate drippings.
Save the liquid: Pour all pan drippings through a mesh strainer into a measuring cup. Separate the liquid from the fat.
Build the roux: Heat 1/4 cup of the turkey fat (or melted butter if you need more) in a skillet over medium heat, add 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour, and whisk constantly for 2 to 4 minutes until golden.
Simmer and thicken: Slowly pour in 2 cups of the leftover pan juices and low-sodium turkey or chicken stock, whisking continuously until the mixture thickens into a smooth gravy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Monday (Mom is eating at school. - Leftovers?)
Taco Tuesday
Corn
Fruit salad
Wednesday - takeout night
—----------------------These groceries picked up Weds.--------------------------
Pasta Thursday -
Sauteed chicken breast
Green salad
Friday
Fresh Cucumbers
Oranges
Saturday
Idaho bite-sized steak (not low-fat at all but so good)
Broccoli (steamed)
Sauteed mushrooms (with a little butter and sherry)
Dinner rolls
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment