Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Weekly Check In

Without further ado, here is my weekly check-in:

Current Weight: 231.8
Weight Last Week: 232.8
Weight loss since last week: 1 pound to the penny

On a scale of 1 to 5 with "5" being perfect, here's how I rate my week:

Eating 4
Exercise 4
Motivation 4


I struggled some this week. My theme for the week is: Patterns. When do I want to overeat? What is going on around me? Who is around me? What am I feeling in my body?

On one notable evening I ate not one, but TWO bowls of cold cereal. All while my 11 year-old was howling over some upset with my husband. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the connection.

My exercise issue was simple: pain. I am working through various aches and pains of new workouts and fell out of willingness for a couple of days. I'm back in now.

My creative exercise opportunity for the week was: Water running with resistance.

I put on my medieval looking ankle resistance devices and hit the neighborhood pool with Chanelle for an hour. It only hurt the first few minutes - something valuable to remember.

I am reading a new book, The End of Overeating, by David Kessler, MD. I've read several reviews on this book about the science of how our brains and our bodies contribute to the desire to overeat. I will let you know what I think later!

No comments: