Sunday, April 1, 2012

Lose 30 pounds in 3 weeks - Top 5 tips


Lately I've had tremendous success in my weight loss.  I'm down thirty pounds in just 3 weeks.  After years of effort and research, I'm so thrilled things are coming together for me.  Here are my top 5 tips:

5. You may not remember that years ago, I wrote to PRECOR complaining about how treadmills and elliptical machines only go uphill (no matter how that little picture tries to trick you).  So imagine my delight when I got selected to beta-test the prototype of their new uphill/downhill treadmill.  I swear it's helping my weight loss and my calves look fantastic!

4.  My weight loss instructor loves to say "More is better."  Lately there is a ton of research showing how more sleep can aid weight loss.  So nowadays, when I'm not exercising, cooking, or blogging, I'm cuddled up in my bed sleeping.  More is better, right?  Thank goodness I've got two able-bodied teens to help out with the kids and the housework. 

3. For about 10 years, there's been research on female swimmers and how the exposure to the cold water causes them to add fat layers.  In light of this, I decided to stop swimming all together.  Now I just sit int the hot tub and relax.

2.  Recently a couple of studies have shown not only the health benefits of chocolate but that people who eat chocolate are thinner.  I took this totally to heart and thought "More is better," right?  I tripled my chocolate intake and now I'm not only thinner, I'm handling stress better too!

1. Finally, I did a health risk assessment that considers a person a non-drinker if they have fewer than 8 alcoholic beverages per week.  I figured that means that the first 7 don't count so I've added in gin at lunch.  I'm happy, my all-afternoon nap is going better and gin and chocolate make any day brighter.

Oh -- I almost forgot. Here's a picture of me, or less of me, I should say.  Ignore my plain old profile pic at right

[note:  I had trouble with my blogger form today.  Finally got the picture loaded below; you have to scroll down a bit.  ]














I am currently in "losing mode" (yay!) but you knew there was no safe way to lose 30# in 3 weeks, right? 

1 comment:

Dann white said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.