Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Is it Time to Break Up?

If your playlist doesn't occasionally move you to tears, dump it like a bad boyfriend. Just break up. You need a playlist that will support and inspire you!

I'm so old that my first playlist was on a Sony Walkman, the cassette kind. That's right folks, I used to run to a mix tape. I'd run around Memorial Park in Houston singing, "Let it Be Me" at the top of my lungs. I didn't mind all those looks I got; I was inspired! I picture Phoebe when I imagine myself back then.

For the last couple of years, I've been exercising in front of the TV since I exercise at home. However, since I've gone back to running, I've realized that it just doesn't distract me enough. And it doesn't make me want to move my feet. When doing hard things, we need inspiration.

I decided to use beats per minute (BPM) to help me build my playlist. The easiest way I could find to do this was with an app. After admittedly minimal research, I chose Tempo Magic Pro.  I like it because not only does it analyze your BPMs, it can adjust them without ruining the song. You can actually y adjust them while they play! I have a lot of music on my iPod, so I don't tend to adjust the BPMs that much, I just look for songs that have the beat I need.  Using BPMs made it easier for me to add intervals to my playlist. When a faster song comes on, I match my footfalls to the beat. I push hard through that fast song knowing I can change tempo with the next one. It keeps me pressing forward. In case you also want to move beyond the mix tape, here are a couple of tips:

  • Your playlist should reflect you. 
  • Add your favorite songs first. 
  • Search your device for songs of a certain BPM. What you find might surprise you! I added "Timber" by Ke$ha because I just love the beat, 
  • Add inspiring songs. Don't underestimate sentimental value; I added Carrickfergus to my cool-down because it reminds me of a heart-warming time in England and a group of people dear to my heart. 
  • Add some just fun or silly songs or old songs
  • Order your list and see what's missing. I decided I wanted a longer warm up, so I front loaded a couple of slower songs. 
  • Try to start and end on an inspiring note.  
  • Shape your BPMs like a bell curve if you're building an interval mix.
It's your turn! Break up with that bad boyfriend playlist and get a fresh start. Shake it off. You know you've hit it when you're running along and you tears are running down your cheeks while you sing, " I am a woman on a mission. Nothing CAN stop me, I'm stronger than ever! I'm gonna see it through." 

Here's my current playlist. Be warned, some of the songs are a bit "colorful." If you will take a minute to share your  playlist with me, I'd love to pick up some new inspiration. On your mark, get set, go!

1. Fight Song - Rachel PLatten BPM 88
2. Proud - Heather Small - BPM 103
3. Let's Get it Started -The Black Eyed Peas - BPM 102
4. I Want Candy - Biggest Loser Workout Mix - BPM 144
5. On a Mission - Miss G - BPM 90
6. We are the Champions - Queen - BPM 63
7. You Gotta Be - Des'ree - BPM 94
8. Shake if Off - Taylor Swift - BPM 160
9. All About that Bass - Meghan Trainor BPM - 135
10. I Won't Give Up - Jason Mraz - BPM 91
11. Timber - Ke$ha - BPM 130
12. Everything is Awesome - Lego Movie - BPM 141
13. Good Girls - 5 Seconds of Summer - BPM 142
14. Beautiful - Christina Aguilera - BPM 75
15. Mountaintop - The City Harmonic - BPM 63
16. Carrickferghus - Loreena McKennit - BPM 60

4 comments:

Lily said...

I Love your article. You cant visit my website : roku asianet

Anonymous said...

camming [url=https://hotcamgirls1.com]best cam girls [/url] becoming a cam girl.

Anonymous said...

webcamming [url=https://camgirls1.com]camgirls1[/url] camgirl site.
family webcam sex [url=https://bestonlinesexcams1.com]teen cam sex [/url] hidden cam sex clips.
free cam girls [url=https://camgirls1.com]asian cam girls [/url] girls on cams.
random cam sites [url=https://adultfreewebcamsites.com]mobile webcam sites [/url] fetish cam site.
best cam sites [url=https://adultfreewebcamsites.com]adultfreewebcamsites.com[/url] cheapest webcam sites.
gay cam site [url=https://adultcamsites1.com]adultcamsites1.com[/url] top web cam sites.

Anonymous said...

real hidden sex cams [url=https://sexcams00.club]sex cams videos [/url] real maids having sex on hidden cams videos amatuer.