Sunday, July 11, 2010

Top Ten Reasons to Dive in and SWIM!

I love swimming. I never thought I would. I loved it as a kid but as an adult --I felt clumsy and it seemed inconvenient. However, 18 months ago, I challenged myself to swim because I was trying to mix up my cardio. Holy cow! In a very short time, I was hooked! It's fun, it's efficient, it's cheap, it's cool.

Now I am on a mission to recruit more swimmers! Hence, my top 10 reasons to try swimming for your exercise.

NUMBER 10:
Showering is less trouble because you're already wet and have to dry off anyway

NUMBER 9:
You get to wear goggles

NUMBER 8:
With your head underwater, you can't hear the kids yelling (yours or anyone else's!)


NUMB
ER 7:
You have lots of meditative time to compose your next blog post

NUMBER 6:
You get over your issues about people knowing what your body looks like (face it -- they know anyway and, what's more, they DON'T CARE!)

NUMBER 5: It's cardio and strength training in one. AND it works your core.

NUMBER 4:

It's the one sport where having some body fat is an advantage (think buoyancy!)

NUMBER 3:

You don't sweat

NUMBER 2:

It lowers your core temperature and the effect lasts a couple of hours (helpful if you live in the sunbelt like I do!)

And the NUMBER 1 reason:
It burns a lot of calories/minute compared to other kinds of cardio!

Can't wait to hear how much you enjoy it!

No comments: