Friday, February 4, 2011

Snowy Friday Tips, Tricks and Inspiration -- Bronzer and Spark

In the past 6 days, 14,500 PLUS people have joined Spark People in search of support for a healthier life style!  I racked my brain but could not come up with anything more inspiring than that!

SparkPeople is essentially a free weight-loss website.  Not my first.  However, I have never found a site with more helpful articles, more videos, more support, more recipes and all for free.  It includes a calorie counter, a food tracker, an exercise tracker and a way to set your own personal goals.  The online community (organized into message boards and teams) is helpful and kind-hearted.  In 15 months, I have seen no mean-spirited posts.  Please check it out.  The only thing it will cost you is time!  (If you do check it out, please "friend" me.  My Spark name is DreenaMT)

My tip of the week is about water.  We all know we need it but hardly anybody gets it all in during the day.  I have discovered that I can "chug" a full glass or even two when I first get up and I am very thirsty, so it seems easy.  Then I'm 1/4 of the way there!  Try it.

Finally, my "trick" is for my lady friends.  If you are having one of those days where you think your face looks fat  -- even though this is probably in your mind -- you can sweep a tiny bit of bronzer just under your cheek bones and then blend it in a bit with a sponge.  Instantly slimmed.  I swear, EVERY time I do this, someone asks me if I've lost weight.

It's snowing here in Round Rock, Texas; this is a rare event and the kids are chuffed!  I'd better get my warm clothes on - although after getting the 1, 2 and 3 year-olds dressed, I'll probably be well warmed up!

No comments: