Monday, January 16, 2012

Bo Luc Lac

At my Weight Watcher's meeting, someone mentioned the website SkinnyTastes.com; an hour later I came across a recipe on Pinterest for a dish I'd made recently, but hadn't been pleased with.  The recipe was for Bo Luc Lac (Shaking Beef), a Vietnamese Dish.  Turns out this recipe was from SkinnyTastes!  It sounded flavorful so I decided to give it one more try and if I didn't love it, I'd let it go.

This recipe is fantastic.  Really, really, fantastic.  The whole family went wild for it.  I made only two adjustments to the recipe as it appears here;  I left out the onions (allergies) and I did not make the lime dipping sauce.  Instead I halved some cute little limes and surrounded the dish with them; then everyone squeezed a bit on their own dish.  

Do take time to read the blog author's comments on the dish.  She was striving for authentic and I think she hit it.  Don't be tempted to leave out the tomatoes, they make the dish.  My only adjustment for next time is this:  I won't dump all the vinaigrette on it;  it was too much liquid to deal with.  Not too much flavor, just too much liquid. 

Try it for yourself and let me know what you think!  Here is the nutrition information as the blog author reported it:

Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 3 oz beef + lettuce, onions, tomato
Sodium 1451 mg  Points+: 7 pt (Weight Watchers)
Calories: 268.9 • Fat: 10.1 g • Protein: 27.3 g • Carb: 16.6 g • Fiber: 0.9 g • Sugar: 12 g


 Check out the SkinnyTastes site.  She has a lot of great ideas and a cool feature for Weight Watchers; you can plug in the amount of points you want to use and it will give you suggestions.

No comments: