Monday, February 10, 2014

Love Week - Menu Plan Monday


Happy Valentine's Week!

This will be the first year since we've had kids that I've worked on Valentines Day! It's always been a bona fide holiday around here. As a result, I don't have any big food plans for our day, but I will be making "snack plate" lunches and I am sure some things will be heart shaped!

My favorite this week is the snack plate. I found a cute and fun way to make them portable and I am so pleased that they worked out just as I envisioned.

Valentine's Day Dinner will be a quick shrimp salad because we plan to continue our tradition of Valentine's Bowling after I finally get home from work. I'm sure it will be a beautiful Love Day nonetheless and we have healthy plans for the whole week:

Breakfasts
Steel Cut Oats
Cinnamon WW Pancakes, baked apples
Cheesy Eggs, tortillas
Cereal day
French toast and bacon

Lunches  
I purchased these camping egg cartons to make finger-food snack boxes. They are so cute and the Littles love, love, LOVE them. I have a row each of starches, vegetables, protein and fruit. Not that it matters but this one is oyster crackers, pretzels, and whole grain cheezits; grape tomatoes, carrot flowers and broccoli; white cheddar, pepperoni, and cheddar: blackberries, grapes and blueberries.  Some future ones will contain goldfish, edamame, peas, baby pickle slices, ham or turkey cubes, tamagayoki, and raisins; the possibilities are endless!

Lemony hummus goat cheese pitas, Napa cabbage slaw, apple slices
Egg crate snack plate
Leftovers Day
Egg Salad with greens, bread slices and orange slices
Soboro Bento with turkey, carrots, egg and green beans (Our favorite bento)

Dinners
Roast Turkey Breast, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes and Peas (Sunday dinner)
Cheese grits, blindfolded eggs, zucchini ribbons or zoodles, fresh fruit.
Pasta Thursday - spaghetti with meat sauce, broccoli, fruit for dessert 
Shrimp salad, toast and Mamaw's homemade jam
Weight Watchers Homemade Mac-n-Cheese (6), sliced tomato salad
Slow Cooker Brisket, (9)  coleslaw, whole wheat buns, homemade barbecue sauce

Linking up to OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday; check out all the great menus!  The "real food" low-fat menus are hard to come by but I get tons of inspiration from what other people eat.

No comments: