Sunday, February 22, 2009

It's Sunday - Tip of the week and check-in


Each week I will be posting a tip of the week - a great resource or tip I've picked up in the past few days. This week I have an online PBS documentary, Fat, What No One is Telling You. It's very thought provoking and full of news from research, but don't watch it if you're feeling hopeless. It's food for thought but not edited in an encouraging manner. Therefore, I'm recommending it with some reservations.

I also have a uplifting news find for this week that I picked up on Lori's great blog, Finding Radiance. It's great justification for all of my fellow coffee lovers. Of course, this short news piece doesn't speak to coffee's suspected link to insulin -- which means I'd still better take it in moderation!

Now for my check-in. I stayed in my calorie budget this week, but did consume more fatty food (remember Wednesday?). I am posting a small gain. My philosophy, however, is to look for the overall trend and not be unduly attached to each week's results so I will see how I do next week and then decide if a course correction is called for. I am very aware of my tendency to retain fluid and that can cause some pretty awesome fluctuations! If I do not post a loss next week, I will redo the math and see what kind of adjustment I need to make.

Current Weight: 239.0
Weight Last Week:
238.8
Weight loss since last week: 0.2 pound gain
Total weight loss this year: 3.8 pounds

No comments: