Friday, November 18, 2011

Woo-hoo Friday! Tips, Tricks and Inspiration

A new study shows what we already know -- people don't take their kids to McDonalds for healthy food.  So maybe it's an obvious tip but my advice is this: Skip the fast food lane altogether and pop in your nearest grocer for some cheese, hummus or deli meat, whole wheat crackers, grapes and milk or yogurt.  Go to a real playground for a picnic with fresh air and everything!  You'll be a hero and your kids will benefit! 

Is your warm-up more trick than necessity?  Here is an interview with the author of a fascinating new study.  The upshot for me is that if I am trying to increase performance, I will experiment with reducing my warm-up time. If I am simply exercising, I will likely continue my warm-ups since exercise is exercise and I prefer to err on the side of caution.

This week's inspiration is an (oldish) NY Times article on Bento boxes.  C'mon, already, time to stop thinking about it and build your own bentos!

Have a fun and fit weekend!

No comments: