Monday, January 13, 2014

Ribollita and Other Delights: It's Menu Plan Monday!!

How does Monday always come around so fast?  Well here it is and I'm back in my menus, linking up as usual with OrgJunkie.com's Menu Plan Monday.

For the uninitiated, let me state that I cook low-fat, healthy, utilizing local and sustainable foods 90% of the time, year round. I make exceptions on the holidays but still try to be reasonable. This means we eat a lot of greens and root vegetables in the winter because that's what grows here in the cooler seasons. When feasible, I include calories and/or Weight Watcher's points plus values for my meal plans. Many of my linked recipes contain complete nutritional information.  If you post your menu plans in any type of public forum, please comment on the post so we can all share your inspiration!

My plan of coming up with several lunch and dinner choices worked well for me last time, so I am repeating the theme this week. We are taking the little ones camping for a night, hence the camping food!

Lunches
Shrimp with Zucchini and Tomatoes (stir fried with garlic and a bit of oregano) (4 WW Points+), toasted whole bread with garlic and misted olive oil.
Spiral turkey dogs (camping day), green salad, baked orange rind muffins
Tuna salad on whole wheat toasted sandwich thins, salad with vinaigrette (5 WW Points+)
Turkey, egg and carrot Soboro bento, brown rice, fresh fruit
Crockpot Spinach Manicotti, sauteed seasonal vegetables, fresh fruit (I am still calculating calories on my low fat version of this dish!)

Dinners 
Ribolllita (a Tuscan soup with kale, beans and bread), green salad ( 5 WW Points+, 245 cal.)
Chicken Parmesan, whole wheat couscous, roasted root vegetables seasoned with sage (8 WW Points+)
You Won't Miss the Meat Chili with cornbread dumplings, coleslaw (camping night) (4 WW Points+) In the dutchoven, over a fire!
Baked white fish with Quinoa with sweet potato, zucchini, carrot and kale; Garlicky Green beans - (6 WW Points+)
Slow Cooker Roasted Turkey Breast and Potatoes; sauteed greens, roasted baby turnips (7 WW Points+)
Chili with cornbread dumplings



No comments: