Monday, March 2, 2009

National Nutrition Month

This is National Nutrition month. The dietetic association has a website on the topic, which, on the whole, is fairly uninteresting. However, I was fascinated by the time-line of fad diets. I really want to know about the "vinegar and water" diet from the 19th century attributed to Lord Byron; I wonder if that's the one that enjoyed a revival a few years ago. You put a tablespoon of vinegar in a glass of water and drank it before meals. I tried it. It's gross. And I actually quite like vinegar.

It was reassuring to me to see that fad diets have been around a long time. And yet, as a culture, we are still getting fatter. I'm thinking they're not the answer!!

There is a pretty fun quiz and some other tidbits on the site. Check it out - -you might inspire yourself!

No comments: